Thursday, February 17, 2011

Self-Realization

Footsteps of childhood slowly disappeared behind the misty haze of city life. I looked around to find the innocent smile, the wide-eyed gaze, and all I could find was cynicism. Did I lose the child in me? I shivered at the thought. Did I finally become one of them?? One of the adults I smirked at as a 13-year-old? I closed my eyes and looked deep inside, and there she was, the little Chhandita I had known years ago. I so wanted her back. she smiled and said “I was never away, I am the one who feels the bliss when raindrops touches your face, when the smell of the wet earth wafts in I am the one who closes my eyes and feels like I am in heaven, you can never shut me out, try as hard as you want” I opened my eyes and smiled, the smile of self discovery.




1 comments:

a field of dreams said... Best Blogger Tips

This is beautiful. hope you're doing ok.