Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year, A New Life..

Happy New Year Everybody....
"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is
New Year's Day."

AF arrived bang on time yesterday. And am proud to say I didn't shed a tear. I am happy I have a tomorrow to dream about... As long as we have our dreams, our hopes, life is worth living.


Here are a few pics of people i adore...











Aleah, the newest member of the family with big brother Aayaan!










Tuisha, Naisha, Aayan and Ananya -My Nieces and nephew












My Soul Mate







My family - greatest treasure





My Brother, my best friend with my nephew, the love of my life

These are the people who make life worth living. Their smiles make my day. A simple hello over the phone makes me feel in top of the world. I know I have a family just a call away. A family who have always stood together. I have not been able to add the pics of my three elder sisters and brother in laws. They are my guardian angels. I was 16 when dad died. My brother was mere 11. It was my sisters and BILs who held our hands and saw us through to the other side. I owe them so much, yet they expect nothing from me! I am truly blessed. They are my best Friends, my only friends...

PS: We made that call to the adoption agency yesterday. Time to seek a new direction in life. And here is to a new cycle.......

3 comments:

Charlotte said... Best Blogger Tips

Good for you for pursuing adoption...you never do know here your life will lead until you travel every road. You ahve a beautiful family! Inspiring how you have gone thorugh so much together and remained so strong.

btw...thank you for sharing that tribute to your father with me. That was beautiful and heartfelt, and real...almost too hard for me to read, but I totally understand. I love at the end when you wrote "We had to do it; for him. We, his children, his treasure, had made his existence make sense." "Made his existence make sense" just echos in my head, I just can't stop thinking about that line, and how true it is. Thank you so, so much for sharing with me. It means more to me than you'll ever know.

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice pictures! And yes, family is what makes life worth living, wherever in the world we may be.

Good luck with the adoption process. Are you talking to an agency in Hyderabad?

I hope this year brings you your miracle - in whichever way!

Hugs to you!

chitown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hello! I've been lurking for a few weeks. I too have high hopes of getting pregnant in 2009....and am also Indian.

Thanks for sharing your story so poignantly!