Monday, January 5, 2009

My Infertility Badge of Honor

I was never happier to get an official certificate pronouncing us as infertile! But I am on top of the world.

We went to the adoption agency on Saturday. The Lady there was amazing! She explained the whole procedure. But she tried to discourage us from going ahead with the process as we have been married for only 3 years. We said a firm NO! We need to move on with life.

So, now we need to get the paperwork done. One of the documents the agency needed was a infertility certificate (stupid I know).And my doctor gave it to me!!! Things we need:

1. Health update by a doctor
2. Property documents
3. Employment proof
4. Salary statements
5. Bank Statements
6. Marriage certificate
7. 2 Recommendation letters (guaranteeing that we will make good parents)
8. Photographs (They will try and match our features with the child’s)
9. Identity proofs
10. Age proofs
11. Infertility Certificate

So we still need to get Health update by a doctor and 2 recommendation letters. Anybody out there willing to recommend us? ;-)

We should be able to submit the paperwork by next week. Six months from that time, we will have a home study and counselling. And another 6-10 months, we will have our daughter home with us! I am sooooooooo happy....

A baby girl 6-8 months old....

TTC Diary: CD 5 today. Am off Letrozole for the next 3 months and will resume after March. I still don’t know why i have taking the med in the first place. I have always Ovulated on my own!!
What if I conceive before the adoption comes through? We always wanted 2 kids :-)

5 comments:

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips

Chhandita - it looks like 2009 is off to a great start for you! I'm so glad things are moving in the right direction!

Good luck with everything!

Josée Martens said... Best Blogger Tips

I've never heard of an 'infertility certificate'. Do you live in the US?

Happy new year.

Charlotte said... Best Blogger Tips

Good luck with this process. I hope everything goes smothly for you!

C said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi girls, thanks for ur wishes! I am really excited..

@Mamasoon: No I am not in the US, and yes the infertility Crtificate thingy cracked me up too! but am ready to play their game if thats what it will take to get me my baby!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

a brave heart , a nice soul ,a true thaught always get success in the end.....life test u with all ups and downs..only those survives who on trust on themselves and keep faith on god ..i knw u will fulfill ur dream and we all soon listen good news...

ur dost coooooooooooooool:-)