Sunday, May 22, 2011

Skinny post

This is going to be short. I am exhausted...And I don't even know why! (CD2 maybe that's the reason) Feeling low and just want to sleep it out.

OK. Remember this post? This is where I talk about my efforts to gain weight. Well, my first month didn't go too well, and I ended up losing 2 lbs. I went for a weight check yesterday and guess what? I have gained 4 freaking lbs!!!And i actually 2 of these 4 lbs in the last 10 days! Maybe, just maybe, i will reach my target weight of 110 lbs by September.

I am eating as I was just added a glass of milk (with protein supplement) and eggs to my diet. My guess is that now that Danny is FINALLY sleeping through he night, I too am sleeping better and THAT may have helped me gain weight.Funny thing is that although I have gained weight, and sleeping better, i am feeling tired and pooped out. Wonder what's up.




The other skinny person in our family, Danny is getting too many "oh he is so skinny" comments lately. Makes me so so angry! I am looking for witty responses. Right now I shrug it off with a smile or say "he is like his mom" But i want to say something that will make the person understand that it is RUDE to say things like "are you not feeding him" "He is so skinny, what are you doing to him?". I never look at a chubby toddler and ask the mom why she is overfeeding him. I just don't want Danny to go through what I did. I don't want him to develop body image issues. Ideas?

PS: Thanks for dropping by from ICLW. I promise to start commenting in a day or so. I just need to get some energy back.

12 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi. Stoppoing by from ICLW. I may be the wrong person to ask as I am very blunt but I too grew up very skinny. For years I would get the rudest comments from strangers. I finally started asking them if they would go up to an overweight person and ask them why they got so big. Most would look shocked at my response and become silent, so I would answer for them. Chances are they would not, so why did they think it was appropriate to comment on a skinny persons weight. They usualy left without saying a word. I say focus on the positives and don't let Danny know that the comments bother you. Good luck.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I hope you are able to gain more weight. I'm trying to go the other way, and not having much success. Congrats on the beautiful boy!

ICLW #117

DandelionBreeze said... Best Blogger Tips

Sorry to hear you guys are going through this... people really shouldn't make comments like that. I'm not sure about witty replies... never been good at them. Love to you both xoxo

Aisha said... Best Blogger Tips

They say that to my son as well, "oh wow he's so skinny" I don't know why people just think its okay to say whatever they want! Good luck to your weight gain goals!

Cyndi said... Best Blogger Tips

I cannot stand people's rude comments! So annoying!

You definitely need to find something to say back soon. I don't get how people don't see they're being rude.

My MIL does it to me all the time about my husband, "oh you're so skinny are you not eating?"

Okay . . . like I'm not feeding him! Sorry, lol you got me worked up. :-)

a field of dreams said... Best Blogger Tips

Here have some of my fat... hope you like chocolate! I was a very skinny kid who after becoming a mum became a "bigger" person! I'm not sure what it's like in India but here in Oz if I felt someone was insulting me or my child I would tell them to go and get fucked.

St Elsewhere said... Best Blogger Tips

Congrats on the weight gain. You could always take more from me, coz my mom over fed me (lame joke).

But this quantity of food eaten = body shape is so bullshit. Because I am a little heavier than my SIL, people naturally believe that I must be eating more than her or that she is very fussy about eating. This is so bullshit, and you can't really cure people. Sadly, you will have to live with it.

alicia said... Best Blogger Tips

When someone rudely says he's too skinny, what about saying, "Oh, no, actually he's absolutely perfect." Personally, I would likely accompany this comment with an icy if-you-even-think-about-saying-anything-else-negative-I-will-tackle-you-to-the-ground-even-though-I'm-small stare.
Maybe this would work? Either way, it would be a good reassuring message for him to hear from you after someone has been so rude and out of line.
Good luck! People can be so rude and/or clueless, can't they?

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Get your iron and thyroid levels checked. Low iron always makes me exhausted (says the girl who never remembers to take her iron pills).

As for your son, he will take his cue from his parents. Enjoy a wide varied diet and so will he. Let people know with a knowing smile that he is perfectly healthy and eats like a horse, thanks for asking.

C said... Best Blogger Tips

@awomanmyageI have got every test done! everything is normal. and I DO eat like horse...just my freaking metabolism lol

Suzy said... Best Blogger Tips

I get that too. Both my boys are very very skinny. They both eat plenty, and are very active happy kids. But people still call them "skinny" I try not to let it bother me but I feel like asking "How would you like it if I started calling your child "hey fatty"? No? You wouldn't like it? What makes you think my boys like to hear "Hey skinny minni". Unfortunately for most people its a double standard, and they feel like they can say whatever they want about a skinny child.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

You could try a :" Oh no, he's not skinny, but maybe he looks like that standing next to your slightly..err..plump kids!"

Or " Better thin than you, no?"