Friday, April 16, 2010

post partum depression?

Danny is 7 months old today!!! For the last month or so, i have been feeling really really low. nothing like i have ever felt before. I have no patience..i shout at at everybody..husband, BIL, husbands granny....even my friends....I cry for no reason, cant sleep (Danny is sleeping through the night now)..but the worst is when I get so angry that I feel like hitting my son (i have never done that, but am so scared). I love him so damn much...now a days am even afraid of being alone with him...I thought PPD hit mothers just after giving birth, but now i hear it can hit anytime within a year of giving birth. This is really hell...I hate this darkness.... its tough looking after a baby alone, with NO help, and now this....Am trying to chant but i think i will have to see a doctor soon... I just want to be a good mom, right now i hate the person i am.....This little sweetheart deserves a better mom...

6 comments:

Elizabeth Fry said... Best Blogger Tips

I went through PPD myself with all three of my children, although the worst was definately with my first daughter.

I really, really like your blog. You are real, you are hopeful, you are honest. To quote one of my fav. old songs . . . You and "I get knocked down, but I get up again, nobody's gonna keep me down!"

Keep trekking. I'm reading. And your baby is absolutely beautiful!

Liz

Stroller Strides Flagstaff said... Best Blogger Tips

Your son is beautiful & it seems like you are an amazing mom! Definitely talk to your OB/GYN about what you're feeling- it's normal, but shouldn't be ignored.
You may also want to explore other activities- something that really helped me is exercise. I joined a Stroller Strides class and it has really helped me out! Talk to people about it & give yourself a break!

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips

Chhandita - you are an amazing mom. Never ever doubt that. If you are feeling low, see a doctor. Talk to your family, friends, us, and vent as much as you want.

Take care of yourself. ((Hugs))

Kanta said... Best Blogger Tips

Kantahanan is the home of every song. The word kantahanan is derived from the tagalog words "Kanta" which means "Song" and "Tahanan" which means "Home".

A Piece said... Best Blogger Tips

A Piece of Idea - Thoughts of a Man, a Blogger, a Webmaster, and a Friend. Learn simple tips from a simple blogger.

Hapi said... Best Blogger Tips

You have a great favicon here. You might want to change that into your own icon. Here is my tip on Favicon and Blogger: How to change favicon in Blogger.I also have this list of Cool Favicons for you to use. Enjoy!